We were delighted when Mr Peter Weir, the Education Minister visited the St Colmcille's PS as part of his tour of the two schools in Carrickmore on Wednesday 2nd December.
Mr Weir was taken around the classes and school grounds where he observed the:-
1. arrangements for managing Covid 19.
2. innovative teaching despite cramped classrooms and
limited resource areas
3. inadequate traffic management provision
4. commitment to the Irish language from Naíscoil to Rang 7
5. opportunities for outdoor learning
He met with the Board of Governors' Development Sub-committee and discussed the school's successes, priorities and the protocol for selecting schools for Capital works.
Governors concluded that this was a very positive meeting and appreciated the candid manner in which Mr Weir addressed the issues discussed.